What is a Project Concept Note?
Project Concept is an initial document which provides a broad outline and view about the nature of any project to be developed in course of time.
A typical Project Concept note includes the following:
- Project title
- Background and Justification
- Project Objectives
- Project Stakeholders including project partners and donors,
- Policy issues relating to the project
- Environmental issues
- Implementing issues-implementing method and agency
- Project duration and time frame
- Risk and constraints
- Draft summary Planning Matrix and Logical framework
- Project Monitoring and evaluation
- Estimated budget
A good and quality Project Concept note serves as a guideline and direction for any future project to be developed for implementation overtime. Quality information and data collection by using different tools including PRA (Participatory Rural Appraisal), RRA (Rapid Rural Appraisal), etc. can feed the preparation of Project Concept note greatly.